In this episode, we talk to Maryam Abdulmalik about how manifestation and how some of the spiritual teachings bypass barriers such as cultural oppression, systemic racism, religion, sexism, and arranged marriages.
Maryam helps women find their inner guide, meet their essence, and find freedom from their encapsulating ‘cage’ of restrictions. She shares her own journey of manifestation and deep healing, having grown up in a culturally oppressed environment in the Middle East. She goes deep into how manifestation teachings and spiritual coaches can often "bypass" the very real (sometimes dangerous) systemic issues that people can face. She explains how it takes more than "changing your attitude" to overcome many of these hurdles, as well as enlightening us with deeper techniques and processes where manifestation CAN apply to people in different circumstances. I love how deep we go into the nuances of this topic and I think it will shed a lot of light on it for anyone else who has ever wondered if the manifestation conversation bypasses issues like privilege and racism.
With a shared deep-rooted passion for emotional and spiritual healing, we are discussing how women can find true sovereignty and freedom from systemic oppression, exploring manifestation and asking difficult questions such as:
- Where do people with restrictions, danger, constraints stand in the conversation of manifestation?
- What did the cage of cultural oppression look like for Maryam?
- What was the fallout of her evolution and how did she deal with that?
- How can we address the cages we’re oppressed by?
- How can our spiritual being validate and guide us when our human self doesn’t want to deal with our healing process?
- How does Maryam’s theory relate to the current trauma and very real social and race struggles people are going through?
- How can we honor our individual roadmaps and follow our own self-discovery process by finding our own wisdom?
GET AMY'S ABUNDANCE BUNDLE:
CONNECT WITH AMY RUSHWORTH:
- IG @thisisamyrushworth
CONNECT WITH MARYAM ABDULMALIK:
- IG @maryamaabdulmalik