Episode 22: Finding Body Acceptance Through Chronic Illness & Beyond The Scars
This episode is for anyone who has struggled with their body, but especially those of you who are living with chronic illness, scarring, disease, gut issues or adverse health problems.
Amy interviews Bryony Hopkins, a Senior Journalist at the BBC, blogger and TV/radio news commentator, who has lived with Crohn's Disease for over 20 years. We dive deep and intimately into 'taboo' topics around what it's really like living with a chronic illness that affects you every day and living in a body that is scarred. Bryony is a well-known body positivity advocate in the UK who uses her social media platforms to encourage awareness around chronic illness, scarring, and evidence-based health research.
We talk about everything from:
- How to ride the emotional rollercoaster of living with a chronic illness
- How Bryony's body confidence has evolved alongside her illness, surgeries, and scars
- How to stay positive and confident when you're facing health challenges
- The emotional aspects of living in a scarred body and learning to love it
- How Bryony's illness has affected her romantic relationship
- How Bryony has used a healthy lifestyle to manage her symptoms
- Insights around how to communicate your health needs with people in your life
... and so much more!