28 Questions To Ask Yourself Before It's Too Late
Every once in a while we stop and think about the routines we have fallen into, the lives we have become comfortable with, and the surrounding we are accustomed to. Sometimes we feel a little lost in the direction we are headed. Sometimes we feel a little stuck. Sometimes we feel like we are not being honest with ourselves and are not living the life we actually want to live if money was not an object.
There are so many things we wish we could do but we haven’t come around to doing it. We feel like there is more to life. We feel like we might be wasting our time if we don’t do it, yet, we feel stuck. There are so many reasons that we seem to be telling ourselves why we haven’t come around to doing it. We may feel like we don’t have enough time, but if we don’t make time for it, when will we ever make it happen? We may say that we don’t have enough money, but do we really need so much capital to begin with or can we take a leap of faith in ourselves and let life lead the way? We may feel like the time is not right, but if we keep waiting around, when will it ever be right? We may feel like we’re not ready, but we will never feel ready until we have already done it once.
When these doubts or feelings occur, ask yourself these questions to help you determine what you really want out of life, where you are headed, and what you should do.
1. If not now, then when?
2. What would you do if nobody would judge you?
3. Have you done something worth remembering lately?
4. Time or money?
5. What is the one thing you are proud of but would never put on your resume?
6. In 20 years from now, what do you want to remember?
7. What is something that you have always wanted to do since you were a kid?
8. When did you first realize life is short?
9. What memory from the past makes you smile the most?
10. Are you proud of what you are doing or what have you done?
11. In one year from today, how do you want to be different?
12. Are you doing what you believe in or settling for what you are doing?
13. What do you need to do to make it happen?
14. What do you absolutely love in life?
15. Has your greatest fear come true?
16. What is success for you?
17. What makes you feel great about yourself?
18. What do you admire most in the world?
19. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like doing?
20. When was the last time you started something new?
21. In order of importance, how would you rank happiness, money, love, health, fame?
22. What was the thing that didn’t last forever, but was still worth a while?
23. What has fear of failure stopped you from doing?
24. In one word, how would you spend the last month of your life?
25. What do you want to be known for?
26. What are you thankful for?
27. What do you need to let go of?
28. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
To actually sit down and answer all of these questions might be harder than you think. But I hope that after doing this self-discovery exercise, you now have a clear direction of what you want out of life and what you should do.