Welcome to Day 3!
You already know the big goal that you ultimately would like to achieve. It might seem scary but it doesn't need to be. The key here is to focus on setting and achieving smaller goals.
Losing 10 kg or saving $10,000 might seem too hard to achieve. Narrow down your vision to what you can do every day for the next 3-5 days instead.
1) What is your goal for the next 5 days?
If your big goal is to lose 10kg in 3 months, your goal for the next 5 days is to lose 1-2kg.
If your goal is to achieve X in your career, your short-term goal is to increase your knowledge, skillset, experience, or network - whatever it may be.
2) What do you need to do daily in order to achieve the above goal?
Forget about 100 days or a year. Instead, focus on the next 5 days. Just 5 days. Can you complete all the To-Dos set for the next 5 days? If it still seems too hard for you, narrow it down further to 2-3 days.
3) What are the possible obstacles that may arise to prevent or distract you from achieving your daily goals?
- Eat healthy every day
- Exercise 30 minutes every day
- Make my own lunch and dinner.
- Read about XYZ every day.
- No alcohol.
4) How would you deal with these obstacles?
- Friends invite me out for drinks.
- I get lazy and decide to go home and watch TV instead of going to the gym.
By identifying these possible obstacles, you're preparing yourself to deal with them when they arise.
5) Focus on completing your To-Dos every day for the next 5 days.
- Write down the daily To-Dos in your Happiness Planner for the next 5 days.
- Start each day with the determination to complete your small daily To-Dos.
- Aim to complete all of them every day.
- Reflect on how you feel - especially how proud you feel for having achieved your small daily goals.
I'll talk to you again in a few days. Stay focused!
Click on the images to download the files.